Articles Recently Tagged: Historic Resources

(44 posts)
Conversion of Historic Cow Hollow Garage Closer to Reality

Conversion of Historic Cow Hollow Garage Closer to Reality

Nearly foreclosed upon when on the market as a development site back in 2017, the 105-year-old Cow Hollow garage at 1776 Green Street, which has been tagged as a Class A Historic Resource for the neighborhood, ended up selling for $5.75 million in 2018. Plans to add two setback... Read More »

Grubstake Redevelopment Granted Key Clearance to Proceed

Grubstake Redevelopment Granted Key Clearance to Proceed

As we first reported back in 2015: Prior to closing escrow on his purchase of the iconic Grubstake restaurant at 1525 Pine Street, buyer Nicholas Pigott quietly engaged D-Scheme Studio to draft plans for razing the restaurant and constructing a slender seven-story building on the Polk Gulch site, with... Read More »

Change of Plans for Historic Delucchi Building in North Beach

Change of Plans for Historic Delucchi Building in North Beach

While plans to convert 4,000 square feet of the 10,000-square-foot Delucchi Sheet Metal Works building at 1526 Powell Street were drawn and approved back in 2016, the conversion of the historic building, which was designed to incorporate the building’s existing industrial fixtures and equipment for an authentic industrial aesthetic... Read More »

The Plans for That $6.5 Million Teardown in Dolores Heights

The Plans for That $6.5 Million Teardown in Dolores Heights

Purchased for $6.5 million, or a breathless “$6,069 per square foot,” back in May of 2018, plans to raze the existing 1,071-square-foot home on an oversized, 6,926-square-foot Dolores Heights lot at 3669 21st Street, with “180 degree views from Twin Peaks to San Bruno Mountain,” have been drawn (while... Read More »

Black and Blue with Stakeholders All Over

Black and Blue with Stakeholders All Over

Built in 1920, the two-story building on the northwest corner of 8th and Howard might not appear to be particularly noteworthy. But having been identified as a contributing resource to the Western SoMa Light Industrial and Residential Historic District, not to mention having been home to The Black and... Read More »

Historic Infill on the Boards

Historic Infill on the Boards

Purchased for $1.9 million in December of 2014, the historic façade of the two-story Polk Gulch building at 1217 Sutter Street was subsequently restored, the building’s interior refurbished and the Rusted Mule opened in early 2017. But the Mule shuttered at the end of last year and plans for... Read More »

The Refined Plans for That Decaying/Historic Portola Block

The Refined Plans for That Decaying/Historic Portola Block

While an attempt to landmark the decaying remains of the Garibaldi family’s old University Mound Nursery (a.k.a The Rose Factory) at 770 Woolsey Street in order to stymie the proposed redevelopment of the Portola District block was denied, a Historic Resource Evaluation (HRE) of the site has determined that... Read More »

Western SoMa Infill on the Boards

Western SoMa Infill on the Boards

With the big redevelopment of the former German Motors Collision Center building behind the arched brick façade along Berwick Place underway, plans to raze the little, 13-foot-tall industrial building on the corner of Berwick and (10) Heron Street are in the works. And as rendered by rg-Architecture, a four-story... Read More »

Refined Plans for Building Up Central SoMa

Refined Plans for Building Up Central SoMa

While plans to construct a new six-story building rising up to 65 feet in height behind the brick façade of the two-story building at 531-535 Bryant Street, which was built in 1918 and flagged as a potential historic resource, were drafted and submitted to the City back in 2016,... Read More »

The Plans for a Residential Addition Atop This Historic Garage

The Plans for a Residential Addition Atop This Historic Garage

Plans for a 4-story addition to rise atop the historic two-story garage at 1650 Pacific Avenue, which was designed by the O’Brien Brothers and built in 1921, adjacent to Harris’ (which was built in 1919), are in the works. And as envisioned by Feldman Architecture, a “contrasting and muted... Read More »