301 Main Street #37B Living

The infamous Gurbaksh Chahal (a.k.a. “G”) purchased the penthouse unit #37B atop the first tower of The Infinity at 301 Main Street for $6.925 million in early 2008 and spent a million dollars upgrading the 3,355 square foot condo, a budget which included a reported $250K in marble flooring alone.

301 Main Street #37B Kitchen

And while you won’t find it on the MLS, the penthouse is now on the market with a $12M price tag.

301 Main Street #37B Floor Plan

Having been sued by the Infinity’s Homeowners Association and run afoul of the law for assaulting a girlfriend in the condo’s master bedroom, an assault which led to Chahal being ousted as the CEO of RadiumOne, Chahal’s departure isn’t likely to garner too many tears from other residents in the building.

No word on where Chahal and his monogrammed headboard are headed or if they have already landed.

301 Main Street #37B Bedroom

1. Posted by Serge

He should be punching himself in the face for designing a bedroom that looks like that.

2. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

Is he taking that crass Louis XIV-ish padded headboard with the big golden “G” on it? If so can I have it? I’ll even change my name to begin with a G.

3. Posted by eddy

Hard to sell for this unit for so many reason. Maybe this is the premiere episode of the “million dollar listing” show in SF.

4. Posted by John

twelve million bucks to live in a swanky hotel kitchen, with a view…

5. Posted by 4oceans

I can see those marble floor tiles stacked at Builders Resources now, $50 for the entire lot.

• Posted by AGW

yeah, the marble flooring is horrible. I thought that the building code prohibited a slick finish on the floor for safety reasons. It’s slippery! These high-rise buildings all have marble flooring so I must be mistaken.

• Posted by Amewsed

Not mistaken. There are safety concerns with floor slickness. If the floor is slightly wet, it will be a painful slip and fall. In shopping mall slip and fall cases, first expert to retain is a coefficient friction expert.

6. Posted by JR "Bob" Dobbs

As they say, new money is nearly as tasteless as “no money.”

7. Posted by sf

It’s gonna take at least 500k to get out the stale Axe body spray from the walls.

8. Posted by JR "Bob" Dobbs

Well, it’s true that I have no taste.

But at least I have a lot of money . . .

9. Posted by mikey woodz

It’s a gut job, C’mon guy…..seriously ever bit of this place needs to be torn out, cheap floor tiles, even cheaper kitchen, nice microwave!…..the granite counter bathrooms, there isn’t anything worth saving in this penthouse dump

10. Posted by Dixon Hill

The buyers of this place must be kicking themselves now!

11. Posted by Joshua

On top of all the other problems w/ this place, don’t you think they at least could have fixed a few superficial items?

Scuffed baseboards in living room
    Burnt-out light bulb in master bath
    Dirty/scratched stainless fridge
    White leather motorcycle jacket in master closet

12. Posted by Conifer

To what extent does the listing broker influence the interior decoration and staging of a condo?

• Posted by Neighbor

Not staged, those are G’s things in the photos.

13. Posted by mike

I thought Gurbaksh sold it last year

14. Posted by teej

Super rich gut everything they buy so I dont think they care about the refrigerator.

15. Posted by Sierrajeff

Beyond the aesthetics… that’s a terrible floor plan. Way too many odd intersections and angles (and I don’t mean the exterior walls) – e.g. on entry, there’s neither a clean line of sight to the dining room… *nor* a full wall (such as for a focal piece of art). And was there seriously no way for them to incorporate the structural columns, instead of have them plopped in the middle of the living and master bedroom areas? I’ve never understood why that’s seen as “OK”, and it renders the entire space around them useless.

16. Posted by mwsf

Wow if that headboard doesn’t scream Narcissist I don’t know what does…

17. Posted by Ninong

The reason for the headboard is so that if the lady forgets what to call him she just has to look at the headboard for a clue.

18. Posted by lolcat_94123

I wonder how well they cleaned it. I would assume hitting and kicking a woman 117 times during a 30 min span leaves a few stains on the floor.

• Posted by Amewsed

I hope [he] sells at a loss. Never met him but I am sure he has got a serious inferiority complex and need to overcompensate.

19. Posted by formidable doer of the nasty

That he avoided time in the slammer is a travesty.

20. Posted by Mark F.

Well, it could be a lot nicer with some renovation. I agree that the floor plan is awful, however. No en suite bath for the guest room? FAIL. And no way I’m sitting on a “patio” 500 feet above street level.

21. Posted by BobN

Can one acid wash the marble or something to knock down the shine?

• Posted by The Gelato of Grief ('cuz I want that pair of G pillows too)

I thought that marble naturally etched over time and became less glossy. So if there’s a top treatment preserving gloss then it would be a matter of removing that (probably chemically) and then just treating the floor with a mild acid like lemon juice.

22. Posted by Jim Gold

Deport this women beater, try beating up a man you twerp!!!

23. Posted by Butzi

Not to be a nitpicker, but I don’t think the California Bureau of Real Estate allows brokers to market properties in the public domain w/o displaying their BRE license number…? http://www.dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/forms/re858.pdf

24. Posted by Amewsed

Looks like G got into more trouble with women, drugs, and alcohol: “Prosecutors want to revoke ad tech mogul Gurbaksh “G” Chahal’s probation for beating his girlfriend because another woman dating Chahal said he kicked her repeatedly in the leg.”