The conceptual plan for the Golden State Warriors’ proposed sports and entertainment center to rise in Mission Bay has been unveiled. The key components and layout for the 12-acre, mixed-use development include:
- A state-of-the-art arena and event space with approximately 18,000 seats,
- Two twelve-story office buildings with 500,000 square feet of space,
- Between 55,000 and 95,000 square feet of retail,
- Three acres of plazas, landscaping, and other public space (over 25% of the site), and
- 700 enclosed parking for office users and visitors
As envisioned, the arena will be located on the eastern portion of the site with the office buildings on the two western corners at South and Third Streets (northwest corner) and Third and 16th Streets (southwest corner).
Retail will be concentrated around a Third Street Plaza, within the ground floor of the office buildings, and along Terry Francois Boulevard at the east end of South Street.
Detailed renderings for the arena are slated to be released next month.