CFAH

There are currently 42 percent more single-family homes and condos actively listed for sale in San Francisco (500) than at the same time last year and over twice as many for which the asking price has been reduced at least once (140).

At a more granular level, the number of single-family homes currently listed for sale in the city (190) is currently running 43 percent higher versus the same time last year while the number of listed condominiums (310) is 41 percent higher, but that doesn’t include the vast majority of new construction units on the market, the inventory of which currently totals 1,050 and is running 84 percent higher versus the same time last year.

And with respect to those 140 reduced listings, that’s 29 percent of all active listings in San Francisco, which is nine (9) points higher versus the same time last year, and the highest mid-December percentage in four years.