CFAH

11 Cameo Way

Touting an “unmatched” floor plan that flows from room to room and with a “seamless connection to the outdoors,” 11 Cameo Way is now on the market and listed for $2,495,000 as “the finest home in Diamond Heights.”

11 Cameo Way Floor Plan

The three-bedroom home totals 2,820 square feet of finished space, with a new master suite on the lower level.

11 Cameo Way Master Suite

11 Cameo Way Master Bath

The 2,080-square-foot main floor includes two bedrooms, two full baths and an open dining room and living room.

11 Cameo Way Living

The family room and kitchen (with lacquered cabinetry and marble counters) open to a slate terrace and garden.

11 Cameo Way Kitchen

11 Cameo Way Rear Terrace

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by Mark F.

Really nice place!

2. Posted by Dan Chambers

I attended an Xmas party at this home last year and it is truly amazing and quite large…too big for me 🙂

3. Posted by Craig

It does not appear that they believe in the functional value and safety of railing by stairs.

4. Posted by 94114

Looks like a mishmash of styles with hardly a nod to its midcentury roots.

5. Posted by Stephen

I’m coveting the marble kitchen and the huge backyard! Very unusual for the city.

6. Posted by Jonathan

A gem if you want some private time or to entertain small or large events.

7. Posted by Michael

I like the kitchen/family room/terrace setup but the master suite is subpar for this price point – low ceilings and views of a retaining wall. It’s a smart addition and the bathroom is well finished but it’s not the “best”…

8. Posted by Really?

That staircase is an accident waiting to happen.

9. Posted by Joshua

It’s nice to see many new commenters on this site — with so many accolades for this property!

One quibble, with this house and a few others we’ve seen recently: when did a driveway become a “motor court?”

• Posted by emanon

Easy: if you’re selling, it’s a “motor court”; if you’re buying, it’s a “driveway”!

• Posted by R

It’s almost as if they are shills for the seller.. But they wouldn’t do that, would they?

10. Posted by BobN

I put “seamless connection to the outdoors” through GoogleTranslate and got “two sets of sliding doors”.

11. Posted by Brian M

If one wants a suburban house, isn’t it cheaper to just buy in Oakland…or Orinda?

• Posted by Craig

This is what I thought when I saw this. Probably a shorter (time-wise) commute to FiDi from Orinda via Bart. And better schools in Orinda as well.

• Posted by jy196

In defense of Diamond Heights, this is a really short walk to Noe, and the 52 takes you straight to the Glen Park Bart station, from which it’s a 10 minute ride to Montgomery. You get the suburban benefits (big house & yard and peace & quiet) while still being in the city. I haven’t toured this house yet, but it looks quite nice. The one negative is that Diamond Heights houses usually have Big Views. This one does not appear to.

12. Posted by Bay Guy

While the owners or occupants may easily afford all the lighting (probably staged, in part) for this home, are they really trying to contribute to save energy? I think not… unless all the fixtures in the ceilings contain the newest of all lighting? You know what I mean.

13. Posted by MysteryRealtor

I saw it yesterday on tour and thought it was lovely. The agent was also pretty cute.

14. Posted by David Clarke | Vanguard Properties

If there was any doubt as to the marketing “tag line” as the finest home in Diamond Heights, it can now be confirmed that it garnered the highest price ever paid for a home in Diamond Heights ($2.868m) at the highest $ / sq ft ever achieved for a home in Diamond Heights. All of that and no views!

• Posted by Lance

Toot, toot! That would be the sound of your own horn 🙂 Congrats on the sales and commission, but you could afford to take the ego down a level. The market will correct at some point, and you will undoubtedly come out wiser and stronger as a result — albeit a bit less cocky I imagine. Again though, my sincerest congratsulations on the sale.