2505 Divisadero Entry

Plugged-in people knew it was coming and that the stagers were in the house. Now as another reader notes, with 73 listing photos, welcome to the most exhaustive look inside Kirk Hammett’s old home (2505 Divisadero).  And yes, Hammett’s recording studio appears to have been re-dubbed a “family room.”

∙ Listing: 2505 Divisdero (8/8.5) – $8,995,000 [Nina Hatvany]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by Kurt Brown

Yay, 73 pictures and floor plans too. But I feel sorry for the stagers. A place like this can make any staging look cheap and cheesy. It certainly does in this instance. I think it might have presented better empty.

2. Posted by Lori

It looks like they ran out of money for staging halfway through the house.

3. Posted by eddy

This place will sell. Maybe not at asking, but it seems like they are priced to move. The lack of complete staging demonstrates a budget mentality. Probably only have it contracted for 30 days before they gut it so I suspect the first competitive offer will be looked at very seriously.

4. Posted by whothehellis

who is hammett? I really dislike how socketsite often posts the names of person x,y,or z and expects everyone to know who the heck they’re talking about. would it be so hard to say “hammett, who did xyz” i.e. state their distinction?
    [Editor’s Note: Of course you could always try following the link trail for the answer you seek (two shortcuts to which were just added above).]

5. Posted by kthnxybe

whothehellis at October 13, 2009 9:44 AM: click my signature link if you are still curious as to who Mr. Hammett is.

6. Posted by bgelldawg

Editor: I received a security warning when I clicked on “kthnxybe” – the signature in the above comment. Could have been an overprotective screening by my computer, but I have never received such a warning before.
    Any way you can figure out if this is someone phishing (or worse) and remove it if it is not legit?
    [Editor’s Note: We did and it’s legit (but thanks for raising a flag).]

7. Posted by gotoutintime

Chopped pillows!

8. Posted by shewolfe

Looked at this the last time it was on the market. Needs so much work. However, given the price, am surprised there’s no vanity website, perhaps if the pictures were larger, you might see all the work needed. This place needs a haircut and a major reno and then you are still on a very busy street.

9. Posted by #23

The kthnxbye link is not only legit, it is also awesome. I’m filing that one away for future use.

10. Posted by anon$random

staging opinions (and pricing for that matter), I think this house is pretty sweet. as a guy i greatly appreciate that sweet looking pool table and bar area. i could hang out in there for days.

11. Posted by eddy

12. Posted by StockBoySF

Sorry… I still liked it the way it was. I know the paint is pretty new…. but they took out some of the character and made it a fixer-upper. At least the new owners (should someone buy it) will have lots of room for improvement.
    I’m sorry to see this house end up in this state.

13. Posted by justme

Yeah, I sort of liked it with the dark-and-weird interior, too.
    And the two-headed sheep in the living room.
    What?

14. Posted by DZInerSF

Are we all looking at the same pic’s… (two headed sheep? WTF? Where?) And after 3 years on the market I can understand not wanting to pay for all three floors to be staged. (Metallica hasn’t had a Platinum record for awhile. There are not alot of companies that can stage at this end of the market…. I don’t play with the “Big Boys” but I really like what Arthur has done; clean, simple, elegant for a broad range of tastes… that’s what staging IS!!!

15. Posted by DZInerSF