Last October we solicited feedback from “past, current, or prospective inhabitants” of the ClockTower Lofts in order to “shed some light on the development in general, and the impact of the Bay Bridge [traffic] in specific.” We limited comments to those with first-hand knowledge rather than simply conjecture, and we compiled some great responses (and neighborhood insight).
Today we do it again. Only this time, the topic is living in North Mission Bay. And we’re using a slightly edited reader’s comment as our starting point:
I lived on King St for almost 2 years before I had to move due to work. I lived in the Avalon Phase 1 tower (pretty high up) and then in the midrise in Avalon Phase 2, and both the times I was facing King Street and the Caltrain depot. The points I want to make:
1) It’s fun living in the area as you can commute using Caltrain or Muni/Bart to most of the places in Bay Area (East/Valley).
2) It’s very convenient to catch a cab anytime of the day.
3) There’s always a police car right in front of the caltrain depot.
4) Safeway is very conveniently located.
5) Noise from the street or trains was never a problem (in the high rise or in the midrise where I was on the 4th floor and close to the street).
6) Ball games (including the phase when Barry Bonds was close to breaking the record) were “NEVER HELL”. You would only hit some delays driving into the city via 280 (traffic flow was usually well managed).
7) Lastly, I used to park in Lot A of the ball park (had a 24X7 permit) and never had my car broken into.
I think it is comparatively safe as compared to lot of other neighborhoods in the city and I was seriously considering buying a condo in the area (and still might). I think it’s very easy to hit all the hotspots in the city from this neighborhood either by Muni (Bus & Transit) or cab. Overall I would say it’s a nice neighborhood and I see it only improving from here on.
And now we’ll welcome comments from, or directed to, other readers who actually live (or have lived) in North Mission Bay. Care to share your experiences and perspective?
∙ The ClockTower Lofts (461 2nd Street) [SocketSite]
∙ An Overview Of Mission Bay [SocketSite]
∙ Evidence Of A Price Reduction At Arterra? [SocketSite]