601%20Van%20Ness%20%23907%20Room.jpg
The strategic placement of mirrors on the walls and doors within the 608 square foot Opera Plaza unit #907 does a fantastic job of making everything look bigger inside. The strategic placement of the mirrors over the bed, well…
601%20Van%20Ness%20%23907%20Bed.jpg
∙ Listing: 601 Van Ness Avenue #907 (1/1) 608 sqft – $419,000 [paulybarbo.com]

1. Posted by eddy

Mirrors on the ceiling aside…. This looks like a very nice and clean space. Take down the ceiling mirrors and steam clean the carpets and you’re in business. Maybe just replace the carpets with hardwood. I bet this sells over asking. For 50k you could do a lot to improve this already very nice little shell. 419k seems cheap and certainly a compelling argument on the RvB analysis.

2. Posted by lol

They should have put a 3rd or a 4th pillow, just to add to the bachelor pad vibe.

3. Posted by BTinSF

It seems “cheap” because of 2 things. First, it isn’t a true 1/1 but rather a “junior 1 bedroom”. Opera Plaza has both. The “juniors” don’t have a true separate bedroom as you can see but rather a sleeping alcove, and, to my mind, resemble a larger studio more than a 1/1.
    Second, Opera Plaza does not have deeded parking. There are 2 levels of underground garages (the lower one is for residents) but the CC&Rs merely allow residents to rent a space at a below market rate (currently I think it is somewhere around $250/month). That arrangement makes the units less expensive to buy and, given the very central location of the building, many residents choose not to have cars. But it’s another expense on top of the fairly pricey monthly HOA assessments (in the $600s for units of this size I believe–pays for 24/7 security and large janitorial staff plus full time on-site management) if you do.

4. Posted by Mike

How can you ever feel like a grownup when your bed is in your living-room?

5. Posted by eddy

I’d put a sliding pocket wall in that niche and have it close off the bedroom as needed. I wish they would push that couch cushion in and retake the photo. It’s driving me nuts! 🙂

6. Posted by lol

That would be a huge pocket door/wall, probably 8 feet. You’d better move this behemoth very gently so, while your better half or “catch du jour” is sleeping.

7. Posted by BTinSF

I think when new these units had folding “doors”. As I recall, there was some means of blocking/screening off the bed area but I can’t recall exactly what.

8. Posted by 49yo hipster

Where’s the pink champaign on ice in the staging?

9. Posted by Vlad Putin

Are the deck chairs included in an all cash offer?

10. Posted by JIPB

I wouldn’t want a bunch mirrors over my bed when there is an earthquake.