CFAH

121 Beulah
Purchased as a “unique Cole Valley home” with two bedrooms for $1,250,000 a year ago, it’s a plugged-in reader that notes 121 Beulah has just returned to the market as a four-bedroom home renovated down to the studs and “reimagined” for “today’s lifestyle.”
121 Beulah Kitchen
Now asking $2,495,000 and touting 4,141 square feet. A peek into “yesterday’s lifestyle” and as the home’s kitchen and dining room previously and uniquely appeared:
121 Beulah Before
∙ Listing: 121 Beulah (4/4.5) 4.141 sqft – $2,495,000 [121beulah.com]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by eddy

This will sell fast and perhaps over asking. A lot of basement and attick square footage but this is a pretty amazing use of the space. Good work. Cute block.

2. Posted by eddy

I assume you can’t just build a little structure on the back of your yard at the lot line? Seems like a great use of space.

3. Posted by nancydrew99

Nice job! I wish I had $2.45…. I used to live right around the corner from this place and really miss the neighborhood. Is that cottage legal? ( I assume so…) We currently have a truncated back yard where the corner building runs perpendicular to our house… I would love to put in a small cottage, but doubt planning or whoever would let me. Sigh…

4. Posted by steve

this seems super well-done. eddy, any idea how much the transformation cost?

5. Posted by inmycountry

It’s nice enough…but this formula is getting tired.

6. Posted by curmudgeon

hmm..love it. and love that backyard shed.

7. Posted by sfromeo

What a beautiful house!

8. Posted by Snark17

Ho-hum, a perfectly gray-beige Restoration Hardware house, circa 2011. I like the backyard shack the best.

9. Posted by eddy

Not a clue, but I’m assuming less that $1.245. 🙂

10. Posted by curmudgeon

^ regarding gray/beige…at least you can paint it. But I agree that it is a tiresome meme, but seems to work for sale (blank canvas and all…)

11. Posted by Boo

Looking at the large number of pictures on the wall on the main floor hallway I was wondering how you do that without putting a bunch of holes in the wall. Is there some stick on tech I’m not aware of? Perhaps I need to watch more late night TV to keep up to date with the “miracle” products.
    Oh, and I’d love to live in that house.

12. Posted by tipster

3M Command Picture Hanging Strips. Buy them at Home Depot or Amazon.com.

13. Posted by Footie

The garage interior almost made me wet my pants!

14. Posted by meep

it looks like the attic rooms have dormers for more light and headroom.nice.

15. Posted by GetOffTheIvy

Liked the before better.

16. Posted by rolfsf

For hanging a large number of pictures on the wall, you might check out Collage Wall

17. Posted by conifer

A small house with a finished basement and attic, and a cute shed in the back yard, now suitable for guests. Nice bathrooms. No separate dining room.
    An excellent example of maximizing space (and profit) in a city where land is expensive and the planning commission mad.
    But $2.5 million?

18. Posted by eddy

I’ve sort of been thinking about this place a lot and also about the price. The pics did a good job of masking the fact that more than 50% of the space is attic / lower level square footage; but they did everything right on this one. I’d have to see it in person, but I think they have an OK shot at getting asking. 137 Beulah closed a few homes down for 780/psf in May; and this house is listed at 603/psf. That area has come a long way; and still has some further gentrification coming. I’d say this is one of the nicest homes on the market currently in this price range.
    PS: Editor hinted at some follow up on 137 Beulah. Never did.

19. Posted by Been There

Well given than Belvedere just went into escrow in 3 days for 400k more, 2.45 might be what someone will pay.

20. Posted by eddy

In Escrow – Firm after 5 days. I’d say this is going over asking. Congrats to all.

21. Posted by Been There

$2.6 cash and there were higher bids in the wings. Wow

22. Posted by lol

Spring started early for this house. Then again, look at the weather we’re having…

23. Posted by eddy

Like I said, they did everything right with this house and maximized every square inch. Congrats to all. It’s a great home on a great block. 628/psf seems like a good deal even if much of that is below grade / dormer’d

24. Posted by eddy