CFAH

1745 Vallejo
Designed by Henry Gutterson and built in 1917 as part of a six home development for the extended family of a Bay Area sea captain, 1745 Vallejo is officially half of a two-unit condominium association which shares a stone faced two-car garage on Vallejo
1745 Vallejo Living
Purchased for $1,270,000 in 2004, the 2,831 square foot home has since been seismically upgraded and renovated “with an eye for quality and a respect for its architectural history.”
1745 Vallejo Kitchen
And while not yet listed nor official inventory, as a plugged-in tipster notes, 1745 Vallejo is now back on the market and asking $1,998,000 in 2011.
∙ Listing: 1745 Vallejo (3/2.5) 2,831 sqft – $1,998,000 | Floor Plans [1745vallejo.com]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by eddy

OK, what is the joke here? This place will be gone before the broker tour.

2. Posted by conifer

This “village” of six houses has always had problems with lack of light and a cramped feel, but this house seems to be the best of them. Some notable people have bought here because it is charming. There are big apartments on all three sides of the village. Very SF, good value.

3. Posted by noearch

Ok, at least now I’m feeling good about this place when the realtor finally talks about the seismic upgrade.
    Good way to spend $$ before any high end kitchens.
    IMO

4. Posted by EH

I’d love to move my mom into a stairless-flat version of this.

5. Posted by kthnxybe

Adorable forever home material. I can picture baking cookies for my hypothetical future grandchildren in that kitchen.

6. Posted by blfstyk

Well hidden, indeed. I’ve lived in the building next door for 25 years and can see most of the six-unit complex from my unit or the street but I’ve never seen this unit before, didn’t know it existed. Looks like it gets more sunlight and is more spacious than the other five, which are dark and cramped. Nice neighborhood, too. Only $2M? Hmmm.

7. Posted by lolcat_94123

I live 2.5 blocks away and drive by this all the time, I love the red building in front but I had no idea there were a bunch back in there. Love this place!

8. Posted by modernedwardian

beautiful house. timeless reno. and $300-500k cheaper then lesser homes i’ve seen elsewhere in the city. i find the master floorplan a little inefficient but suspect i’m in the minority.
    one question: why is this not a four bedroom home? the “media room” has 1/2 bath, closets, and windows and there’s a second larger entertainment space on the ground floor and a “den” off the master floor.
    does bedroom count not matter at this price point?

9. Posted by jlasf

I don’t understand the price. Is this intended to start a bidding war?
    It’s a fabulous and unique house. I looked at the adjacent brick house with the turret years ago. The whole complex is utterly charming. And the restoration was nicely done. If I was looking, I’d be there tomorrow with a check in hand.

10. Posted by Mark F.

Lovely, I also think this will be bid up.

11. Posted by halpern

Great for $2m you can live in industrial Manchester circa 1850 with 5 neighbors looking into your yard. Are there HOA fees on top? Of course, if you don’t like the sun this is perfect.

12. Posted by Eddy

The only real drawback that I can tell is that it abuts right up to the condo bldg next door. Vsible from SSs pic, not the listing pics carefuly masked. This the sort of thing you find nested up in telegraph hill. It’s in pacific heights. Not the greatest part of d7 but it’s secluded enough. Charming is an understatement. Hope to go see it before it sells.

13. Posted by bgelldawg

Does this place have parking?
    How much are the HOA dues?

14. Posted by Mark F.

One car parking. HOA dues not mentioned.

15. Posted by Eddy

In escrow

16. Posted by SocketSite

The sale of 1745 Vallejo Street closed escrow yesterday with a reported contract price of $2,135,000 (7% over asking and $754 per square foot).

17. Posted by eddy

A little late on the update but congrat’s to the buyers and sellers who did a great job here. I never got to see this place. One of my new favorites.

Comments are closed.