53 Clifford Terrace
For the most part it’s a nicely restored Arts and Crafts home with “updated” baths. We only wish they hadn’t painted the woodwork in the bedrooms. Okay, and that there were another one of those baths.
∙ Listing: 53 Clifford Terrace (3/1.5) – $1,825,000 [MLS]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by FAA

Those “cheery wood” cabinets are so much nicer than the gloomy wood cabinets I keep seeing these days.

2. Posted by Shza

I’d actually prefer if they’d painted over all of the woodwork. But I just dislike arts & crafts (mainly because of the unpainted wood).

3. Posted by kathleen

Bring on the sprayer!

4. Posted by pr

The woodwork that is white was like that 6 years ago when the home was on the market…I remember it well!

5. Posted by SocketSite

The list price for 53 Clifford Terrace has been reduced $100,000 (5.5%) to $1,725,000.

6. Posted by Jimmy (No Longer Bitter)

All high-end properties must have more bathrooms than bedrooms. Rich people spend a lot of time in the bathroom and always need one close at hand just in case.

7. Posted by San FronziScheme

Jimmy (No Longer Bitter),
    That or rich people are statistically older and well, you know where I am going with that…

8. Posted by eddy

-100k to $1.725

9. Posted by Geo

Speaking of Cliffor Terrace, has 43 Clifford Terrace been pulled?

10. Posted by SocketSite

The list price for 53 Clifford Terrace has been reduced $26,000 (1.5%) to $1,699,000.

11. Posted by Ronald

The dark wood finish is what makes this house beautiful, historic and masculine. Those like Shza and FAA who would paint the woodwork in a place like this are crazy- This is an incredible house and the preservation of the woodwork is a testament to foresight of its owners. I for one am sick of seeing all the historic old interiors in houses like this turned into Pottery Barn show rooms.

12. Posted by NoeVAlleyJim

I agree with Ronald, buy a different style home if you hate dark wood. But please don’t ruin the Arts and Crafts esthetic. What do people think of those who paint over the wood in Victorians? It doesn’t seem like as much of a crime to me, in fact lots of the old wainscotting on these homes is paint quality wood, not paneling quality.

13. Posted by Geo

43 Clifford Terrace is relisted at $2.349…still over $1,000/ft².
    Originally listed in April for $2.5 and sat there after one price drop…

14. Posted by rick

Geo, I think that you used the wrong sq ft for 43 clifford. Some places it is listed as a 3bedroom/1bath and only 2250sqft but the current offering shows it as 4 bedrooms/3 baths and 2800sqft per MLS so it seems an expansion was done at some point and not picked up on all sites. With those numbers it is priced at 839/sqft. Interstingly 53 is priced at $944/sqft!

15. Posted by Geo

Rick: interesting. I pulled the ft² from prop shark. having walked it at the open house I am highly skeptical of the 2,800 ft² number..i would demand proof 🙂

16. Posted by SocketSite

The listing for 53 Clifford Terrace has been withdrawn from the MLS without a reported sale.