CFAH

32 Carson: Glass Walkway
A listing for 32 Carson has returned to the MLS having shed a little winter weight ($15,000 on top of the previous $50,000 reduction) and a few months on the market.
Considering the views, location, and income unit generating $1,800 a month, we’re guessing the renovation (which some will love and some will hate) and “easy street parking” (a.k.a. no garage) might be two of the property specfic things keeping buyers at bay.
To quote the quote over the stove, “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” (And then don’t forget to invite us over.)
∙ Listing: 32 Carson (2/2) – $1,3250,000 [MLS]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by badlydrawnbear

1.3 Mil and no parking ?!?!? Come on there is just no way I am spending that much money and not getting a parking space, it is an absolute freaking deal breaker.

2. Posted by chuck

“To quote the quote over the stove, “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” And then don’t forget to invite us over.”
    I love this site.

3. Posted by exuberant

Looks much better in photos than in person.

4. Posted by badlydrawnbear

what’s with all the ladders? Am I buying a home or a jungle gym?

5. Posted by gfw

What’s the deal with the floors? If you are wearing a skirt, what happens?

6. Posted by missionite

“If you are wearing a skirt, what happens?”
    Is this a rhetorical question? The biological and social consequences of see through floors seems pretty obvious to me.

7. Posted by brian

@gfw – Your white-and-orange spandex unitard (stored vacuum sealed in entryway) will keep this from being a problem.

8. Posted by pica1986

“If you are wearing a skirt, what happens?”
    I’m guessing they were designed with the Brittany Spears/Lindsay Lohan wannabe’s in mind…

9. Posted by Dude

Hmmm…
    Option A: Spend $1.3 million for a fake loft crammed into a 100-year old SFR with no parking.
    Option B: Spend 40% less for a real loft in SOMA or the Central Waterfront, built a few years ago, with parking.

10. Posted by Me

This house reminds me of something that Quagmire from The Family Guy (I KNOW I’m not the only one that watches that) would live in.

11. Posted by gfw

Designed by men, for men. My guess, anyway.
    Tongue-in-cheek: Is it against anti-discrimination laws to design a house such that one sex, minority group, or sexual orientation would not buy the house?

12. Posted by redseca2

Are there any “real” stairs? I cannot see anything but twiggy ladders in the photos.

13. Posted by holmes

3 thoughts:
    I don’t hate the remodel, i don’t love it. But a garage or hearty perennial parking pad would’ve been a nice touch.
    How in the hell do you keep a glass walkway clean?
    Why not spice things up? Why not put in a few firepoles instead of all ladders? I mean, if you’re gonna go there…

14. I’ve been to parties in this amazing home and can attest it’s truly a one-of-a-kind space. The multi-year renovation appears to be of the highest calibre, the kitchen & baths are magazine-quality and the views amazing. Carson Heights is indeed a great location. And with $1,800/mo income I’d rent parking!

15. Posted by mktwatcher

Even if you were a buyer who was willing to overlook the ladders, glass walkway, absence of parking and landlord status, you would then have to wonder if there was anybody else but you in SF that would be equally willing (i.e. another buyer). I have to believe that in this price range, the lack of parking alone eliminates a huge percentage of the small pool of potential buyers.

16. Posted by Bruce Cohen

Used to live near that street: parking’s not an issue. Everyone knows everyone (and everyone’s car)….park in a neighbor’s driveway and they’ll knock on you door when they need you to move it. Very chummy block.

17. Posted by CM Foo

Be your own judge. Feel how it is like to walk on glass. Skirt or no-skirt welcome. Come see this unique property Sunday 1/27, 1-4PM.

Comments are closed.