334 28th Street: Dining Room
334 28th offers two bedrooms, baths, parking spaces, and decks. And one sweeping view.
334 28th Street: Rooftop View
And while it doesn’t offer the largest of footprints (1,150 square feet), we do like the layout and use of space.
∙ Listing: 334 28th Street (2/2) – $1,145,000 [Tal Klein] [MLS] [Floor Plan]

Comments from Plugged-In Readers

1. Posted by anonno

$1000/sq. ft. pricing comes to Noe Valley condos. Where is this housing bust? Some of us would like to buy here someday.

2. Posted by bgelldawg

I’ve never liked the “There’s the bay out there on the horizon” views. Give me a Telegraph Hill view, with the ugly skyscrapers behind me. I don’t want to be reminded of the mess that has been made of this city every time I look out the window.

3. Posted by Willow

Beautiful space…well designed and the view will be valued by many. I imagine this will go at or over asking.

4. Posted by Tudor

I ran a comparable search on PropertyShark.com for the property at 334 28th Street target=”_blank”, considered sales in the last three months and a radius of three quarter mile, and got a median PPSF of $676. If you add the view, use of space and design, you might get closer to the $1000/sq. ft. Also from the tax information available in the property report you can see that the property assessed value is $977,976 (from the Office of the Assessor/Recorder).

5. Posted by Dan

Wow, i like this…personally, i’m not a dogged ‘it must be this amount of $ / ft’ because if place A has less sq ft but a better layout than place B, then it’s worth it to pay a higher sq ft number. However, we’ll see – may go for just that amount or a tiny bit more. Looks really good and the location seems ok / good.

6. Posted by PN

When this sold a few years ago (same realtor sold it for the architect and developer) I thought the finishes were a bit cheap. Interested to see how it’s worn.

7. Posted by gordon_ian_knotts

like others, the price per sq foot seems awfully rich.
    What do people think of this area of Noe? Do any comps in this area support the price?

8. Posted by sf

Just me, or do all of these properties look the same? High end tract housing?

9. Posted by fluj

This is pretty far out ahead of the curve for dollars per foot. This property has a very nice flow to it, but still …

10. Posted by Trip

This place is perfectly nice, but quite boring. It reminds of the condos we rent on vacations, which are intentionally designed to be bland and inoffensive. This kind of money for a smallish, bland 2BR condo with no yard on the outer edge of Noe? I think they’re delusional. But I’ve certainly been wrong before.

11. Posted by San FronziScheme

They are basically selling the view, as the design itself is IKEA-grade “blånd” or “børing”.

12. Posted by Foolio

@Fronzi:
    Agreed. The marketing clearly emphasizes the deck/view (there isn’t a single BR pic), but that’s probably on purpose. After all, anyone who drills down into the price per square footage probably isn’t going to buy this place; someone (or someone’s mate) who falls in love with the view just might.

13. Posted by San FronziScheme

I would understand this kind of price on Liberty Hill with a similar view, but not in that section of Noe.

14. Posted by Spencer